We are establishing a Patient Participation Group in order to help shape our service for your future care.
The purpose of a Patient Participation Group is:
• To give Practice staff and Patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest.
• To provide a means for Patients to make constructive suggestions about the Practice and specific medical conditions.
• To give a Patient view on proposed changes to service
• To encourage Health Education activities within the Practice.
• To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow Patients, e.g. befriending, help with transport and bereavement support .
• To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of Health and Social Care.
The aims of the Patient Participation Group:
• To be a voice for the Patients.
• To help the Patients to understand Practice decisions.
• Aim to maintain and improve Patient satisfaction and experience.
• Be a link between the Patient, the Partners and Practice staff.
• Support the Practice in continuing to improve the service to the Patients and discuss our Practice performance data.
• Help patients to understand how they can build on responsibility for their own health.
If you are a Mid Devon Medical Practice patient and you are interested in giving us some of your time please make contact with Miss Vicki Cole either:
- Telephone: 01884 860205, or
- by email: D-CCG.Witheridge@nhs.net