The Mid Devon Medical Practice comprises three surgeries at Witheridge, Cheriton Fitzpaine and Morchard Bishop. We provide a service to patients living around and between these three villages. All the surgeries have access suitable for disabled patients.
Click on the picture links below for surgery location map, address, contact details and opening times.
NHS Information on all aspects of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
To find out more please visit:
Coming to a Mid Devon Medical Practice Surgery
Please continue to wear a face covering when entering our Surgery Buildings if you have symptoms related to your breathing such as a cough or breathlessness …
In light of the recent updated guidance we have completed a Risk Assessment regarding wearing masks and as such can now confirm the following changes to our policy. These changes will take affect from Monday 27th June.
- Clinicians (GP, Nurses, HCA’s, Physio) are still required to wear a mask when seeing a patient
- Clinicians (GP, Nurses, HCA’s, Physio) can request that their patient wear a mask
- Patients no longer need to wear a mask when they are in the surgery unless:
- They are visiting due to a respiratory illness e.g coughing
- It is their personal preference
- They have been asked to by a clinician
- Dispensers are no longer required to wear a mask unless this is their personal preference
- Receptionists are no longer required to wear a mask unless this is their personal preference
- Admin staff are no longer required to wear a mask unless this is their personal preference
Please be considerate to others, we hope there will be a mutual respect between staff and patients so that everyone will feel comfortable with the new changes. The plastic screens will remain in place, we currently do not have any plans for their removal.
Vaccinations for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
At each stage of the Covid-19 Vaccination Programme Mid Devon Medical Practice will invite patients to attend vaccination appointments. The order in which people will be invited is based on the JCVI (Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation) prioritisation
To find out more please visit:
Our staff are working incredibly hard to deliver what is the largest vaccination programme in our history, at the same time as continuing to be there for everyone who needs care. You have an important part to play to help us to do this:
- Please don’t contact the surgery to seek a vaccine, we will contact you
- When we do contact you, please attend your booked appointment at exactly the time we give you
- Please continue to follow all the guidance to control the virus and save lives.
GP Patient Survey
The GP Patient Survey is an independent survey run by Ipsos MORI on behalf of NHS England. The survey is sent out to over two million people across the UK. The results show how people feel about their GP practice.
We have just received our latest results from this … please take a look.
Mid Devon Medical Half Day Shutdowns
Planned dates will be posted when they are known ...
From 1.30pm on Tuesday 16th August 2022.
ALL Surgery Branches - in Morchard Bishop, Cheriton Fitzpaine and Witheridge are closed to allow training for all staff.
Our doors will be locked but our phone line in Witheridge will be staffed for URGENT medical problems that cannot wait until we are open again the following day.
In the event of a life threatening emergency you should call 999.
Normal opening hours will resume on Wednesday 17th August 2022.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The Mid Devon Medical Practice