Patient Participation Group (PPG)
We have established a Patient Participation Group which meets 4 to 6 times a year.
The purpose of a Patient Participation Group is:
- To give Practice staff and Patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest.
- To provide a means for Patients to make constructive suggestions about the Practice and specific medical conditions.
- To give a Patient view on proposed changes to service
- To encourage Health Education activities within the Practice.
- To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow Patients, e.g. befriending, help with transport and bereavement support .
- To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of Health and Social Care.
The aims of the Patient Participation Group:
- To be a voice for the Patients.
- To help the Patients to understand Practice decisions.
- Aim to maintain and improve Patient satisfaction and experience.
- Be a link between the Patient, the Partners and Practice staff.
- Support the Practice in continuing to improve the service to the Patients and discuss our Practice performance data.
- Help patients to understand how they can build on responsibility for their own health.
Joining the PPG
If you are a Mid Devon Medical Practice patient and you are interested in giving us some of your time please make contact with Miss Vicki Cole either:
- Telephone: 01884 860205, or
- by email: D-CCG.Witheridge@nhs.net